NYC Studio & Charleston, SC History
DCI’s creative advertising, marketing and training history began in New York City.
- DCI has developed strategies and produced advanced, result’s driven communications tools that have been focal points in over $1.5 billion in marketing, advertising and training budgets. From DCI’s early beginnings with print advertising production and in-house 35mm/16mm film production, the firm stayed on the leading edge of technology, developing interactive multimedia on laser disc in the late 1980’s; web solutions in the 1990’s; then HD video production and post production; and now, Digital Cinema Imaging and WordPress Website Development.
- DCI clients have included a dozen Fortune 500 firms like Harsco Track Technologies, Cummins Marine, Onan Gensets, Nucor Steel, Showa Denko Carbon, IBM, DuPont, Playtex (a division of Sara Lee,) RJR/Nabisco, Eli Lilly, Hill-Rom, the Brunswick Group (Sea Ray Yachts, Bayliner, Mercury, etc.) and others.
- DCI has developed communications, training and marketing strategies for other businesses and government agancies and NGOs (non-government organizations) and institutions like the Department of Defense, Department of Justice, the Border Patrol, the Medical University of SC, SC Ports Authority, the Post & Courier, Piggly Wiggly, Cummins-MerCruiser-Diesel, SC Dept. of Natural Resources and many others, and since 2004, Gyro-Trac: a Canadian owned manufacturing firm.
- DCI designed & built a 7500 sq ft studio in the SoHo section of Manhattan at 38 Greene Street (entire 2nd floor,) serving corporate marketing, advertising and training sectors, as well as the music video, music recording, feature film and television industries. Noted projects/clients include:
- Celebrity photography with Paul Newman, Whoopie Goldberg, Paul Hogan (Crocodile Dundee,) Burt Young (character of Paulie in the Rocky movies) Chaka Kahn, New Edition (Bobby Brown et. al.), and many more
- Feature film support for Crocodile Dundee, with Paul Hogan
- The studio was also used for many feature film castings (including Lethal Weapon, James Bond 007 and others;) national brand TV commercials; editorial beauty, advertising and other print photography; music videos and broadcast TV programs for CBS, Fox, Paramount TV and more
- Advertising clients include Playtex, RJR/Nabisco, American Diabetes (starring celebrity Shelly Winters) and many others
- The founders moved to the Isle of Palms in 1992, continuing to serve local, national and global markets from the Charleston, SC market
- From Charleston, the firm has produced over 100 film and video projects for national and local broadcast TV, TV Commercials and Corporate Communications – including Point-of-sale videos, Marketing videos, Training videos and more
- DCI has produced Addy award-winning TV Commercials, Custom Sound Tracks, 3D Animation and more
- DCI’s software and interactive multimedia expertise has helped dozens of businesses, political candidates and non-profit organizations achieve uncompromised results in online and offline commerce, fundraising, training, document distribution and other mission critical business initiatives
- DCI’s custom developed, web-deployed applications have included community-based e-commerce platforms, technical document management systems and national online political fund-raising systems
- The firm has also developed a dozen “Edutainment” CD-Roms with videos, animation, interactive games and more, distributed through over 60,000 retail stores across North America